Drag clicking mice are the best gaming mice for players. These aren’t your typical mice. Drag-clicking mice have an extra button, a higher DPI, and are generally faster at completing tasks. You can check your drag clicking speed by just taking tests like clicks per second or by playing the official Click Speed Test game.
So, you might be wondering if getting one of these mice will be worth it. Well, if you want to crush that seemingly stubborn opponent, or you want to take your gaming more seriously, then these mice will be a better option for you. Below are some of the reasons why you should switch to a clicking mouse:
- DPI/Sensitivity: DPI refers to the dots per inch (DPI) of a mouse. The sensitivity of a clicking mouse is significantly greater than that of a regular mouse, making it perfect for gaming.
- Responsiveness (Polling Rate): The polling rate of a mouse is another crucial factor to consider when getting a clicking mouse. Most clicking mice have reasonable polling rates, and this determines how responsive your mouse will be. Keep in mind that the higher the polling rate, the more work your computer needs to do.
- More buttons (Macro Keys): There’s a good chance that the clicking mice you are going for will have more buttons than your regular mouse. For example, the Logitech G600 mouse is designed with several buttons at the side.
In a hurry? Here are our top 3 favorite picks when it comes to the mice for drag clicking in 2023!
ROCCAT ROC-11-730 Kone Pure Ultra
ROCCAT Kone AIMO
Table of Content show
What Is Drag Clicking?
Drag clicking, also known as Fazer tapping, is the act of energetically dragging your fingers across a mouse button (right or left) to increase the number of clicks.
How To Drag-Click?
Drag clicking might sound or look easy from the description above, but there’s more to it than just playing with your mouse buttons. It requires patience, practice, and, more importantly, the right mouse to do it.
Regardless of the mouse’s design or price, here are two essential features to look for in a clicking mouse:
- A matt grippy surface: This makes drag clicking much easier
- High-quality mouse switches: This includes Omron, Kailh, or Opticals. These switches help to reduce the stress of drag clicking.
Now, let’s see the steps to drag click a mouse:
- First, make sure your hands are dry and clean. Clean the surface of your mouse and make sure it isn’t dusty, as sweat and dust can reduce the friction between your fingers and the mouse button.
- Hold the mouse as you usually would hold a regular mouse. Position your thumb on the left side of the mouse and use your little finger to grasp the right side. Now, with your index finger on the left mouse button and your middle finger on the right mouse button, glide your fingertips across the upper edge of the mouse button.
- Position your wrist at a comfortable angle and flick the mouse button downward to drag-click. Avoid putting too much pressure on your fingertips and instead gently glide them through the button. The mouse will vibrate if you’re doing it right, and a “hissing sound” will be heard. As you move your finger across the mouse button, you’ll notice a slight vibration.
- I suggest using an online tool to verify your drag clicks. All of the tools to check that are free to use, and you don’t have to install anything.
Why Are These The Best Mice for Drag Clicking in 2023?
A computer mouse is a piece of hardware that enables you to interface with and navigate through various programs. A sensor, two buttons, and a scroll wheel are usually found at the top of most computer mice. Over the years, other mice have been developed to satisfy various demands.
There are two other types of mice besides these “normal” mice: gaming and ergonomic mice. You may be asking why most gamers prefer to use a clicking mouse. The answer is that most clicking mice are made for gaming. They’re great for first-person shooters, real-time strategy games, multiplayer games, and various other games.
Most gaming mice on the market today combine high-performance components like laser sensors with customizable features like preset macro commands and resolution switching.
The best gaming mouse also includes provider software for customizing these unique features and shortcuts configured in each game via profiles. It’s worth noting that each clicking mouse’s quality and effectiveness vary, and some tools are more user-friendly than others.
You can also customize the body of most gaming mice. You can adjust the body, height, pitch, center of balance, and the overall mass of the mouse to suit your needs. This is a typical gaming tactic that provides serious players with a competitive advantage over their opponents.
It is best that you know your favorite game style and how to operate the mouse’s sophisticated functions before going to an online store to buy a clicking mouse. That way, you can customize the mouse to fit your specific requirements without spending much money.
With all that said, I have done some research on the best drag-clicking mouse on the market. Let’s have a look at what they have to offer!
1. ROCCAT ROC-11-730 Kone Pure Ultra – Best Overall
- It is reasonably priced
- It is very responsive and convenient to use
- It is small and lightweight
- It has precise one-step scrolling and a long-lasting design that withstands heavy use
- It is resistant to dirt and easy to maintain
- Larger hands may find it uncomfortable
- The default lighting is much too bright
- The finish can attract fingerprints.
Due to its ergonomic design and ultra-lightweight, the Kone Pure Ultra is a one-of-a-kind mouse. It weighs only 66g, making it one of the lightest mice on the market. It incorporates a new ROCCAT Owl-Eye 16,000dpi optical sensor, which enables superior aiming and tracking precision. It also has a special dirt-resistant coating that makes cleaning easier. The Kone Pure Ultra is built for gamers who place a high value on performance.
Why Is This The Best Drag-Clicking Mouse in 2023?
The Kone Pure Ultra stands out in games requiring precision and speed, thanks to its highly precise Owl-Eye sensor and lightweight. This mouse was made with twitch shooters in mind.
Overall, this mouse’s performance in some games may be lacking, but its lightweight design and comfortable grip allow for long durations of play without becoming fatigued. The thumb rest on the mouse’s left side is a nice touch that you don’t see on many gaming mice, though it might be a problem for left-handed players.
When shooting at a target, the Kone Pure Ultra has a massive foot at the bottom of the mouse, which improves stability and reduces slippage.
DPI up/down keys are conveniently located behind the scroll wheel, allowing for quick on-the-fly adjustments for twitch shooting. Due to the Kone Pure Ultra’s compact size, Roccat didn’t add a downshift DPI button, although there looks to be enough room on the mouse to place one towards the front of the thumb rest. Most gamers won’t even notice this omission, but it feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.
Despite these limitations, the Kone Pure Ultra surpasses its weight class rivals in several areas. This mouse provides outstanding comfort, high-quality components, and a wide range of performance adjustment possibilities at a low price. The Kone Pure Ultra is one of the best twitch mice on the market if you’re searching for something small and compact.
2. ROCCAT Kone AIMO Gaming Mouse – Runner up
- It is a large mouse with an ergonomic shape that lets your hand rest on it
- The illumination is bold and powerful
- It has a high-end optical sensor with 12000 dpi
- The additional buttons are easy to locate and access
- The mouse’s surface is smooth and non-sweaty
- The Swarm software allows you to customize the mouse to suit your needs
- The mouse buttons can be programmed to perform macro actions
- The ROCCAT Kone AIMO doesn’t have a left-handed version for left-handed players.
- Its enormous size may be problematic for people with small hands.
The Roccat Kone has been the company’s best-selling mouse since its introduction in 2007. Its unique shape and frequent cutting-edge innovations, which have improved over the years, have made it a fan favorite. The Kone AIMO is the company’s heartbeat, and it has been upgraded multiple times to improve its performance. It retains the outstanding ergonomics of Kone Pure Ultra while including an improved thumb space for more comfort and control. Roccat Kone AIMO is the perfect tool for any gaming task, with a comprehensive feature set that ensures maximum precision and control in any situation.
3. ROCCAT Kain 200 Gaming Mouse – Best Wireless Mouse for Drag Clicking
- It has a solid feel to it.
- The buttons are programmable using the companion software.
- It lacks nearly as many side buttons that a dedicated MMO gaming mouse should have.
The wireless gaming mouse is designed with an ergonomic shape and Titan Click technology, which significantly improves comfort , precision and click balance. The accurate ROCCAT Owl-Eye optical sensor can be adjusted up to 16,000dpi for perfect tracking. It has a strong battery that can last up to 50 hours on a single charge. RGB lighting and LED effects can be customized in 16.8 million different colors using the AIMO illumination ecosystem.
4. Redragon M711 Cobra Gaming Mouse – Budget Pick
- It has programmable buttons and easy-to-use software. Even newbies will enjoy working with this mouse.
- The mouse lights up on the scroll wheel in a very stylish way. You’ll love the lightning, the strip around the buttons beneath the scroll wheel, and the two strips stretching from front to back.
- The TEFLON feet are smooth, and they can last as long as the mice.
- The M711 Cobra is affordable with many high-priced features. It is cheap, and it has many features that the highly-priced ones have.
- You can use the onboard memory to save gaming profiles and settings for a few games. You can use the mouse on different computers without having to reinstall the program. You have the option of saving up to 5 memories.
- The ergonomic design makes long hours of gaming quite enjoyable.
- The mouse fits snugly on the palms with rubber sides for a better grip.
- The mouse comes with a three-month warranty.
- You can use the mouse without installing the software if you want to keep your operation simple.
- The mid-range sensor isn’t perfect, and it could be better, but it has little impact on performance.
- The mouse may be problematic for people with small hands.
The Redragon COBRA RGB has an optical gaming sensor for precise control and superior high-speed motion detection and tracking.
- It is a lightweight and comfortable mouse.
- This mouse comes with accurate buttons and a 4,000dpi optical sensor.
- Ambidextrous use can lose some of its functionality.
The Logitech Prime is designed for MOBA players. It provides the accuracy, comfort, and speed every gaming mouse should have.
- The mouse is light, comfortable, and cheap.
- The mouse guarantees speed, control, and comfort
- The dedicated DPI indicator can be customized to whatever value and color combination you want (requires software).
- A low-profile shape could be more supportive.
- No onboard memory.
The Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D streamlines the Esports mouse and anything from more famous mouse makers. Model D’s HoneyComb Shell is the most important thing that allows it to achieve a feather-light weight while still maintaining its ultra-durable power. The holes are barely noticeable when playing, yet they enable airflow to keep your hands cool and fresh. Cleaning the Model D is easy; use any air canister to keep your mouse in perfect condition.
Frequently Asked Questions About Drag Clicking Mouses
Why is drag clicking important?
Most gamers are more concerned with the speed with which they can click the mouse since it improves their gaming. Games like Minecraft require players to develop quick fingers. Drag clicking allows you to take advantage of the friction between the mouse button and your skin as you swiftly move your finger across the surface of your mouse. This friction produces vibrations that are picked up by the mouse switch, resulting in more clicks being registered than would generally be possible.
Can all mouse drag click?
No! Not all mice can handle the stress of drag clicking. Drag clicking can be terrible and hard on some mice. Not only does it harm the switches, but it can also shorten the mouse’s life span. You’ll eventually damage the mouse if you don’t know how to drag click correctly or if you put too much pressure on your mice.
A good drag-clicking mouse requires a matte, grippy surface and a set of durable switches to withstand the stress of drag clicking.
What is the highest drag click CPS?
The current world record according to Google is 14.1 CPS (CPS – Click per Second). However, with drag clicking, this number can be raised even higher (32+CPS).
However, an average gamer has a CPS of 6.51, so feel free to try as many times as you want and try to get your best score each time you do.
So there you have it — a good look at some of the best mice for drag clicking! You can’t go wrong with these mice when it comes to drag clicking. So, if you want to get past your opponents quickly, choose from one of these mice and, of course, make sure the mice meet your budget and gaming style. If you are not a diehard gamer, you may want to purchase these clicking mice just for the fun of it. However, their software is good to work with, and their designs and programmable buttons are incredible.
Of course, don’t go hoping that buying these mice will guarantee your victory in every game you play. Games like Minecraft PVP have other factors you have to consider. One sure thing in Minecraft is that you need to strafe your opponent (side-step dodge) to minimize damage from opponents.
Drag clicking might indeed help you land more hits on an opponent. The gaming mice mentioned above will assist you in mastering this skill and taking your game to the next level.
If you’re interested, you can also check out our list of the best mouses for butterfly clicking.